CinemaSafe: Your Safety Is Our Focus
Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Rialto Cinemas Elmwood requires proof of vaccination for all who enter the theater including customers, guests, vendors and employees ages 12 and above.
The health and well-being of our patrons and our community at large is a priority for us. We believe this step will help keep our patrons and staff safer and allow for us to remain open through this current wave of the pandemic.
For proof of vaccination, we will accept one of the following:
- your physical vaccination card
- a clear, legible photo of your vaccination card
- a digital vaccination record - CA residents may obtain a digital vaccine record at http://MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov
- if you are legally exempt you must provide a letter of declination signed by letter holder and if applicable a licensed medical provider AND a negative Covid-19 test taken within three days prior - see below for details
- AND a government issued photo identification that matches the name on the vaccination card
Every individual must show proof that they are fully vaccinated at the time of their entry into the building, along with a matching photo ID. You may present a physical vaccination card; a clear, legible photo of your vaccination card; or a digital vaccine record. California residents may obtain a digital vaccine record at http://MyVaccineRecord.cdph.ca.gov.
"Fully vaccinated" means that it has been 14 days since your second dose of a WHO or FDA-approved two-dose vaccine (e.g. the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine), or 14 days since your sole dose of a WHO or FDA-approved single-dose vaccine (e.g. the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine).
- provide a letter of declination signed by the letter holder under penalty of perjury stating that either: the individual is declining vaccination based on a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance OR the individual is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or disability recognized by the FDA or CDC as a contra-indication to COVID-19 vaccination, in which case the declination letter MUST be signed by a licensed medical provider
If you arrive at the theater without proof of vaccination or a letter and negative Covid-19 test, you will be denied entry. Refunds can be issued for those who bought tickets in advance.
Face coverings must be worn at all times while inside Rialto Cinemas unless actively eating or drinking.
All face coverings, whether disposable or reusable, must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material.
- Fully cover the nose and mouth, and secure under the chin.
- Fit snugly against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the wearer to remain hands-free.
We all know how fast things can change these days, but if there are any updates or revisions to these policies, we'll let you know was soon as possible. You can always find the most up-to-date safety protocols on our website. Thanks for sticking with us, and we'll see you at the movies!
Rialto Cinemas® is committed to meeting or exceeding all CDC, state and local regulations, as well as CinemaSafe expert-backed suggestions. When you see the CinemaSafe badge you can rest assured Rialto Cinemas® is doing everything possible to make your return to the movies safe & healthy!
Learn about all the CinemaSafe recommendations at CinemaSafe.org.
• Updated Mask Policy Per local health authority ALL INDIVIDUALS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK at Rialto Cinemas unless actively eating or drinking while seated.
• Frequent Hand-washing Employees trained on hand-hygiene practices, and are required to wash hands frequently at easily-accessible hand-washing facilities.
• Air Filtration All HVAC systems in working order with increased ventilation.
• Hand Sanitizer Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol (EPA approved ethanol or isopropyl) liberally placed in easily accessible public areas and patrons will be encouraged by staff and appropriately placed signage to practice hand hygiene.
• Enhanced Cleaning Auditoriums carefully disinfected between movie screenings. High-touch surfaces wiped down periodically with EPA-registered disinfectant.
• Mobile Ticketing Tickets sales available online or via phone.
• Not Feeling Well? Stay home. If you are experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please stay home and we welcome you to join us again in the future.